Evaluating Your Relationship
Ask yourself these important questions when you think about your relationship. Your honest answers can help you determine if your relationship is healthy or if it is a cause for concern.
- Do you see things from each others’ point of view?
- Do you think that your partner is the one that needs to change?
- Do you communicate your needs clearly?
- Are there things that you, yourself, would like to change?
- Can you find a voice for changes that will be met with respect?
- Do you treat your partner they way you like to be treated?
- Do you compromise (work something out when there are conflicting opinions or desires – you each give and take a little for the benefit of the relationship)?
- Do you trust? Can you and your partner hang with friends separately or do you need to be in constant contact?
- Do you give your partner freedom to be themselves?